Monday, August 6, 2012

What Ms. Osborn Knows About Ms. Osborn

What Ms. Osborn Knows About Ms. Osborn
Greetings my little minions...Since I asked all of you to complete my survey on your interests, fears, etc., the least I can do is return the favor and post for you my responses.
Name: Deb Osborn
When I was little, my parents called me: Debbie, punkin (like pumpkin, but pronounced incorrectly)
The farthest place I have ever been from home is: Greece, Italy, UK, Scotland, or France- not sure which is farthest-- I assume Greece
Favorite Actor(s): 40s-80s- Cary Grant, Rock Hudson, Paul Newman, Jimmy Stewart, and Gregory Peck
Modern- Liam Neeson, Russell Crowe, Colin Firth, etc. and I love a good comedy along the lines of "Horrible Bosses"
Favorite Actress(es): 40s-80s- Katharine Hepburn, Doris Day, Audrey Hepburn
Modern: Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet, etc.
Favorite Singer: Frank Sinatra (and any of the classic torch song singers), Billie Holliday, Sting, Bob Dylan, and Van Morrison
Favorite Groups: The Beatles (the original great band), U2 (the second original great band), The Doors, Radiohead, Depeche Mode, Pearl Jam
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice (or any Jane Austen), To Kill a Mockingbird, 1984, Shakespeare
Favorite Website: IMDB, AFI, Netflix
Favorite all-time movie- Comedy- "Animal House", Drama- "Schindler's List" Family- "It's a Wonderful Life", Bro-mance- "The Sting"
Favorite movie I saw this summer:In the theater, I only saw a few-- enjoyed "Moonrise Kingdom". I do like Wes Anderson. Overall, the 1957 version of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" with Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor...it doesn't get better than that!!
Favorite person I know: My Dad and my best friend, Claire
What I love more than anything is: my family, friends, and dogs!!!
Best place I've ever been: The Sistine Chapel, Westminster Abbey, and on top of a mountain I climbed in Wales at sunset.
Favorite summer memory: My travels! Taking students to Rome, Florence, Paris, Versailles, Normandy, London, Stratford, and Oxford-- especially seeing the Olympic venues! Hiking through Oregon and Washington with my family.
If I could do anything, I would: speak and understand every language effortlessly and travel the world.
If I could be anything, I would be: an archeologist-although I'm pretty happy teaching history!
My biggest fear is: drowning and being burned alive
My biggest accomplishment is: being a good friend and daughter ( or at least I like to think I am). Working hard at being a good teacher.
My hope for this class: that you develop an understanding and interest (passion?) for European History and grow as a student.
My fear for this class: that you will not be open and participate.
What should you know about me? I'm a history and culture geek. I'm obsessed with movies and music and books. I play classical piano. I am very close to my family and friends and I believe that hard work makes you who you are. I am looking forward to getting to know you!
I don't respect people who are lazy, blame others, or don't try their hardest.

No comments: